Getting ready for a Disney Vacation can be very stressful for some people. When you are flying to Disney especially you don’t want to over pack (you need room in the luggage for the trip home for your souvenirs) For most people Disney is a once in a lifetime vacation. Here is a list of some things that you will need to remember to pack when preparing for your MAGICAL Disney Vacation.
Here are a few things that are essential:
Bring in a backpack to the parks on a daily basis
- Suntan Lotion – Orlando is sunny for most of the year, yes even in January for those from cold weather states! Always pack sunblock, you don’t want to get a major sunburn on the first day of vacation!
- Ziploc bags – These will come in handy. Whether it’s packing snacks for the kids, or protecting your phones on water rides, don’t forget to bring these! A wet cell phone or camera will really ruin a trip
- Snacks and drinks – Bringing snacks for the kids and a backpack full of drinks can save money for sure. Even if you are on the Disney Dining Plan, don’t use credits on water and chips..save them on big items! (you can also get free water from quick-service counters)
- Rain poncho and umbrella – It will pour at Disney in the summer probably once a day. ponchos are very easy to store, taking up little space.
- Glow sticks and bracelets – During the nighttime parade, vendors sell expensive glow toys for kids. You will spend a lot of money on these items. You can find much cheaper toys at Dollar Tree or Walmart and your kids will love it!
- Wipes – Your kids will get messy at times. The wipes will be a life-saver when ice cream is all over your kids faces.
- Stroller — If you have children, you should consider bringing a stroller. If they are 5 or 6, you may think you are long past the stroller days. But trust me, you will be exhausted walking the parks for a week. Now add in carrying a 5 year old around, and you’ll wish you had one! Once you get to the parks, renting from Disney is VERY expensive. Bring your own. Don’t have one anymore? Go to consignment and get a cheap one for your trip!
Items to keep in your hotel room
- Laundry detergent – Even if you just bring a bag of it, the prices at the resorts are very high. Washing clothes once during your trip can save you an extra suitcase or two.
- Plastic silverware and bowls – Trust me these will come in handy in your rooms! You can feed your kids cereal and other items to save money
- Clothes for cool and warm weather – If you are at Disney in the fall or winter, the nights can get surprisingly cool, even for South Florida. Bring a sweatshirt or two and some pants.
- Snacks and waters – Some people even ship snacks and items to their resort a few days in advance of their arrival. Regardless of how you get them there, bringing these items will save you a lot of money.
- Trash bags – The rooms at Disney can be quite small. You will have a bunch of trash accumulate and having a big trash bag to put it all in can help you keep your sanity!
- The Basics – Tooth brushes, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, shampoo, undergarments, socks. All of the things your normally bring are just as important at Disney. Especially if you are flying in, forgetting socks means you have to pay expensive prices and without a car, you are unable to drive somewhere to get these necessities at a reasonable price.
I hope this helps in planning the perfect Disney Vacation!!
Jennifer is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with Destinations in Florida Travel. She offers FREE Concierge trip planning.
Contact her today for a FREE quote