One of my personal favorite ticketed events at Walt Disney World is Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. This event is held every year from September through October on select nights in the Magic Kingdom. The party does require a separate ticket and prices will vary depending on the night you choose to go. If you want to go to the party on Halloween I highly suggest buying your tickets well in advance as this party always sells out.
Now for a few tips and tricks!
1. Your ticket allows you entry into the Magic Kingdom at 4pm, this gives you 3 hours before the party starts to hit your favorite rides and attractions. You can make fastpass + selections during that time.
2. The party starts at 7pm, be sure to visit a Cast Member in select areas of the park for your wristband and trick or treat bag!
3. Wear your best costume but no masks allowed. It’s the only time of the year you can visit the Magic Kingdom in a costume with the entire family.
4. Everyone can Trick or Treat not just the kids. Trick or Treat areas will be marked on the special Halloween Party park maps, and also with Mickey Ear Lanterns that glow in the dark. Ask cast members about allergy free options available at guest services.
5. There are many special characters that you can only meet at the party including Jack Skellington and Sally, The Seven Dwarfs, Captain Hook and friends along with so many more! Again check your park maps for details. Don’t miss these exclusive meet and greets.
6. Hallowishes can only been seen during the Halloween Party and is not to be missed! It is one of the best fireworks displays of the year, and if you love the Disney Villians you are in for a treat. Only one show per night during the event.
7. Villians Mix and Mingle show at the Castle forecourt stage is not to be missed. Stick around after the show because the villians will join you in front of the castle for meet and greets.
8. Take advantage of the low crowds at this event and enjoy some of your favorite Magic Kingdom attractions, be sure not to miss The Haunted Mansion, it has a fantastic twist during the parties!
9. Special Merchandise and Treats will be available for purchase during the event, so if there is something you see be sure to pick it up! You wont be able to get it anywhere but the Halloween Party.
10. My absolute favorite event during the entire party is Boo To You Parade, I actually love it so much I go to both parades during the party. Get a spot about 30 minutes before the parade as to not miss the Headless Horseman. My favorite spot to view the parade is on Main Street USA. The crowds will be lower for the 2nd parade of the night.
So now that you have these tips and tricks for the event are you ready for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party this year?