It is with a VERY heavy heart that I had to defer my 2015 PHM registration. The only upside to that is I wont need to stalk the registration page next summer because I have my spot. However, I will still … Continue reading
I am registered for the Princess Half Marathon 2015. In order to get a good corral placement you need to submit a 10K time. I live in Maryland, it’s almost October the cold weather is approaching and outdoor running will … Continue reading
I’ve said it before and I will say it again, I’m not a runner! With that said I have signed myself up for the Princess Half Marathon in February at Walt Disney World. WHAT! You aren’t a runner though, how could you possibly run/walk/crawl 13.1 miles? I tell ya how, motivation! Last year I became affiliated with 2 runner blogs, and booked lots and lots of rooms thanks to my friends Patty and Julie. Because I had so many clients going I felt that I needed to be there for that weekend last year to cheer them on. I figured I was at a Run Disney weekend I should do something, so I signed up for the 5k. Guess what I didn’t die! And it was tons of fun.
I left Princess Weekend last year with a challenge for myself, to come back in 2015 and run the Half. It’s a real girl power weekend. Lots of girlfriends and fun in Disney Parks and of course races. How could I not want to do it? Running is mind over matter. There are days I completely doubt my ability to finish 13.1 miles and other days I feel like a rock star. In 2 weeks I will run my 10k so I can submit my qualifier time for Princess Half, I really don’t want to start in the last Corral like not at all. I want to start far far away from anyone with balloons or on bikes.
In 2015 I will be surrounded by many of my “best running friends” cheering me on and I can’t wait. So here we go my first step to Princess Half a 10k in 2 weeks. Lord let me at least get to 12-13 minutes a mile!
If you are anything like me then you are probably always on the hunt for a perfect post workout snack. I personally don’t feel very satisfied with a shake after a run or workout, it just doesn’t satisfy me for very long and I am reaching for something else. I was given the opportunity to try Chef Irvine’s Fit Crunch Baked Bars recently, and of course I jumped on it. I am a huge Restaurant Impossible fan, and I know Chef Irvine takes health and fitness serious. I mean have you seen this guys arms! As a chef he also prides himself on nothing but the best product coming out of the kitchen. I would have to say he hit it out of the park with this FIRST ever BAKED protein bar, yup baked. Oh I’m sorry I forgot to mention that these are made right here in the USA! Go Chef Irvine!
Bringing the first ever baked protein bar to the market is a game changer. Each snack bar has 30g of protein, a mere 6g of sugar and is ONLY 190 calories. Now for the taste, because we all know that some of these fitness products taste like chalk! I am not a Peanut Butter and Chocolate person (gasp, yes I know) so I opted for the Cookies and Cream Bar. Let me tell you, I LOVED it. And I’m not just saying that. These bars taste like a sweet treat from the kitchen not a fitness bar, and the fact that it is baked makes it that much better. You would never know this delicious bar is packed full of Whey Protein Isolate because it tastes just that good. Chef Irvine also offers a Meal Bar with 380 calories and still only 6g of sugar and a WHOPPING 30g of protein. I can’t wait for more flavors to come to the market.
Wondering where you can purchase these fantastic bars? Well you can order them online at Fit Crunch Bars website. Or you can visit GNC, Wal-Mart, Rutters or 7-Eleven to pick up yours now. I am definitely taking some of these with me for Princess Half Marathon Weekend in February, I would rather eat this post race snack than a churro.
Chef Irvine was kind enough to send me a few extra bars so I can host a GIVEAWAY for my readers!! Just comment on this post what flavor bar you would love to try (Cookies and Cream or Peanut Butter and Chocolate) and I will pick a Winner via Random.Org from all of the posts on Sept 13!
WOW!!! Summer 2014 has come and gone. It’s time to start thinking of Halloween and Christmas (EEK). If you are ready to travel to Central Orlando during this time I have some great deals for you.
Walt Disney World® Resort
● Save up to 30% off Disney Resort Hotels: Planning a visit during the fall to Orlando? You still have time to save up to 30% off Disney Resort Hotels through November 25, 2014.
● Active/Retired Military Rates: For US active and retired military, save money on tickets and resort accommodations through October 2015.
● Florida Resident & Annual Passholder Rates: Florida Residents and Annual Passholders can take advantage of great rates on rooms at select Disney Resort Hotels up to 35% off.
● RunDisney Group Rates: Are you a runner? Do you want to run a race with Mickey Mouse? Join our VIP runners at Destinations in Florida for some of the favorite races including Tower of Terror, Disney Marathon, and Disney Princess Run. These exclusive rates are only with our agency.
● Save up to 20% off Disneyland® Resorts: For a limited time, you can save up to 20% off your hotel accommodations through September 27, 2014.
● Retired Military Rates: For US active and retired military, save money on tickets and resort accommodations through October 2015.
● Book a Package for as Little as $89 Per Person/Per Day: Stay right down the road from the Disney Magic at a Good Neighbor Hotel from now through November 21 for as little as $89 per person/per day.
● 3rd, 4th or 5th Night Free at Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotels: Visit Anaheim during select nights through December 2014. Stay at a select Disney Good Neighbor Hotels and enjoy a 3rd night, 4th night or 5th night free. Contact your favorite Destinations in Florida/Destinations to Explore agent for details.
Disney Cruise Line®
● Canadian Residents Save up to 20% Off: From November 2014-January 2015, Canadian Residents can save up to 20% off Disney Cruise prices on select cruises.
● Special Rates for Florida Residents and US Military: Take advantage of special deals for Florida Residents and active/retired United States Military.
Universal Orlando Resort Discounts
● Universal Hotel Discounts: Save up to 30% at Universal Orlando Onsite Resorts this holiday season through December 2014.
● A Celebration of Harry Potter: The 2nd Annual Event hosted by Warner Brothers and Universal Orlando takes place January 30-February 1, 2015. Exclusive Onsite Packages start at $219/person and include 3-Night Accommodations, 3-Day Park-to-Park tickets, Access to an exclusive evening event at Wizarding World of Harry Potter-Hogsmeade, Special Guest access to Harry Potter Expo, Reserved seating/viewing for select Celebration events, Breakfast at Three Broomsticks and more!
● Florida Resident Halloween Horror Nights Package: Are you ready to scream? You can now book a HHN Package at special savings, just for Florida Residents.
● Halloween Horror Nights Packages: For non-Florida Residents, you can still save money with a special HHN Package from $459 per adult at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort most Sun-Thurs September 19-November 1, 2014.
● Halloween Horror Nights Tickets: Pre-order your HHN tickets to save money and lock in your favorite date. These are now available as stand alone tickets or they can be added to any Universal Orlando package.
● Cabana Bay Beach Resort Florida Resident Deal: Florida Residents can experience this new hotel from just $79 per night plus tax.
● Universal 1-Day or 2-Day Pass with Shuttle Transportation for 2014: Take a day away from the Disney World Parks to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Book a 1-Day or 2-Day Pass to Universal Studios with shuttle transportation included in the ticket.
● “Take 2” Transfer: If you do not want to rent a car during your Orlando vacation, take advantage of the new “Take 2” Transfer ticket for only $39 per person. This transfer includes transportation from a Disney Resort hotel to Universal Orlando Resort for a Universal Studios vacation. After your Universal vacation, the transportation takes you back to the Orlando International Airport.
Sea World Discounts
● Eat for Free During Your Vacation: Book your Sea World package at one of the partner hotels and get the All Day Dining Deal for FREE!
● Kids Free at Sea World: Book your Sea World Package and kids play for free. You will receive one free child ticket (ages 3-9) for every paid adult.
Other Orlando Discounts
● Richard Petty Driving Experience: Are you ready to get really scared? How about a Rookie Experience at the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Disney World? Learn how to drive and then drive a real Nascar. If you book by September 30, you get a free ride-along (valued at $99).
Do any of these offers sound good to you? Contact me today for a FREE No Obligation quote firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-424-0181
We all know just how expensive a Run Disney race weekend run-cation can be. Between airfare, rooms, parks tickets, dining and then all the race fees you may have to get a 2nd mortgage for this “hobby”.
Have no fear, as a fellow Run Disney participant I know how expensive it can be and I have EXCLUSIVE LOW RATES and Discount Park tickets. Unfortunately I am not in the bib business, but if you need a room at a bargain then I am your agent.
All you have to do is pay a 1 night deposit for the room at time of booking, and the balance is due at check-in. I book the room for you directly with Disney Groups. You then get a confirmation email and can link everything to My Disney Experience. Nothing is different, just cheaper.
Here are all of the resorts I have available with the race dates, unfortunately due to Disney regulations I cannot post the pricing. But shoot me an email at email@example.com and I will get right back to you with a price!
Please note all rooms are Standard Rooms at each resort, we cannot make any upgrades because the pricing is so low
October 1-6, 2014 Terror 10 Miler Weekend
All Star Music or All Star Movies
Port Orleans Riverside
November 3-10, 2014 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
Port Orleans Riverside
January 5-12, 2015 WDW Marathon Weekend
Port Orleans Riverside
January 15-19 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
Fairfield Inn Anaheim $135 per night plus tax
February 16-24, 2015 Princess Half Marathon Weekend
Port Orleans French Quarter
May 6-11, 2015 Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon
Fairfield Inn Anaheim $119 per night plus tax
I am a newbie runner, like so new that I have only done three 5k’s, my first 10k will be in late September and my first Half Marathon is in February. Thank you Disbroads and Run Disney for this new hobby of mine. I will say that it clears my head and makes me feel good so that’s a plus right? Oh yeah and it’s good for me too. I work with a lot of runners and am friends with a lot of runner, some newer and some seasoned. What I seem to be seeing is that while you think running is strapping on sneakers and grabbing your walkman to hit the pavement it’s so much more.
Let’s talk about running “gear” for a minute. Who knew there were so many stinking pairs of socks! How do I know which ones to wear? Do I need compression socks or just ones that wont make my feet sweat and blister? The sheer thought of the sock aisle in the running store scares me. Oh wait and I need shoes for those socks right? Yeah that’s a price tag that scares my husband! We went to the local running store and he said you better get a 2nd job for this hobby. I mean who knew there was so much involved.
Here we go I am heading out with my walkman for my run but wait I have to time it, great awesome is there an APP for that? Of course there is but I am running a half marathon I need something more awesome and runner like. Seems everyone in the runner world uses Garmin, ok great. Nope hold that thought there are 10 million types to choose from! I think one makes martinis at the finish line to be honest.
I better stay hydrated out there, Maryland is brutal in the summer and well so is Florida in February. I will just grab this water bottle and hit the road right? NOPE, wrong again it seems I need a fanny pack for my water. I mean all the cool kids have them right? And check it out my water bottle fanny pack has a trusty pocket for my Co-Co Go, NUNN, Energy Bits, GU, Protein Bars and whatever else I think will make me the fastest and most awesome runner alive.
Let’s not forget the injury prevention part of the run. I know for a fact I need body glide, if it came in aerosol form I would literally just spray my whole body down. YES! I have committed to a product. You hear that Body Glide I love you and so do my thighs. Now what else do I need? Oh yes to tape myself up like Misty May in the Olympic Volleyball game! What is this stuff for? Do I need it? Will I die on the pavement if I don’t look like a crosswalk? Somebody help me with this one!
Maybe I should do something about my luxurious locks on this run of mine right? Now one would think you just grab a hat right? Nope wrong again, there are 40,000 headbands! NO Slip, NO Sweat, No Die on the pavement headbands! What if I want a visor? Oh here we go again, the list of a million products.
My head is spinning because there are just too many things out there. I know this much. I will run in Sparkle Tech and cover myself in Body Glide. So unless someone out there starts pointing me in the direction of the things I need to be the most awesome runner in the world then well you get to see me in a skirt and bodyglide. We all know you don’t want to see this right? Yeah I thought so.
Oh wait I didn’t even talk about sports bras! Maybe next time.
All kidding aside I need you guys, my fellow runners to help me out here, what works for you? I cant wait to hear reviews and pro and cons.
Oh and if any Brand Ambassadors or Running Product Companies are reading this feel free to send me something to test out and review, cause I am not committed to anything! That was a shameless plug I am aware, but I am so LOST!
Well it’s official. I am registered for the 2015 Run Disney Princess Half Marathon on February 22. Running is mind over matter, and right now my mind is yelling “What did you just do!!”. Well that’s ok because I know with the right training I can do this. The Princess Half Weekend is a very girl-power encouraging event. I know there are so many Princesses in my corner already cheering me on just because I registered, and that’s the first step! I can’t wait to cross that finish line, but until then I will motivate my mind and body so I can achieve my goal!
Oh and yes it’s time for a little bit of a shameless plug. Last year I had the pleasure of hosting over 100 Princesses with my amazing LOW rates at Walt Disney World Resort and I am able to offer great rates again this year!
I have discounted rooms at Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter and Contemporary Resorts. Also, when you book a room you can get great low rates on park tickets. Only requirement at time of booking is a 1 night deposit, the balance is due at check-in. You can also add your park tickets up to 60 days before arrival! Join us for a great weekend of fun and friendship!
Contact me today at 443-424-0181 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.
In February 2014 I ran my very first Run Disney race, the Royal Family 5k. It was hot, and humid and 5am but I did it. I finished my first ever 5k. In 13 short days I will register for my FIRST EVER Half Marathon. Yeah, I know scary stuff. I was instantly sucked into the Run Disney environment when I ran last year. So I left Walt Disney World in February certain that I would do the Princess Half in 2015. It’s almost time to register and I am freaking out. Can I do it, will the sweepers get me, what about those balloon ladies? So much uncertainty and doubt when you are clearly “not a runner”. But I know I have a lot of cheerleaders in my corner including my pals Patty and Julie. I mean they definitely know my fears right now.
I begin training next month and I will FINISH that race! I do believe running is mind over matter, and I am determined to get that bling. Stay posted as I update my training and all the fun along the way until I cross that Finish Line in Epcot next February.
Do you Run? What are some tips and tricks for this VERY novice runner?