The Dole Whip is a Disney Food Icon, people love them or hate them. I personally am on the fence about them, I will give it another shot when I visit this May–maybe I will love it and buy an I LOVE DOLE WHIP t-shirt.
If you have never had a Dole Whip, here is what it looks like. Ooohhh Ahhh…
Here is a recipe if you can’t live without the Dole Whip and want to make them at home: (moms and dads if you are having a bad day add a little grown-up beverage into the treat)
- 2 20 ounce cans Dole crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
- Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container; cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags and store bags flat in freezer.
- Freeze 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.
- Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended, in large bowl.
- Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour.