We are in the Holiday trenches, its December 14 and the countdowns have begun. Sometimes we just need to get out and find something fun to do with the family that doesn’t include lights, decorations, gift lists and Holiday meal preparations. … Continue reading
Another week of GREAT discounts from Disney and Universal! Why search the internet for hours trying to plan your vacation. Let me do all the work for you for FREE! Walt Disney World® Resort New! Stay Play & Dine: Save up … Continue reading
I live in the Baltimore/DC area, and that means there is always something to do. As a Marylander I think a lot of things are for the “tourist” and have never really thought about visiting with my family. I also find … Continue reading
Have you ever wanted to visit Music City? Adventures by Disney Long Weekend trips allows you to discover exciting destinations and maximize your travel time with shorter trips. In addition to New York City and San Francisco announced earlier this year, Adventures by Disney is now offering a Long Weekend trip to Nashville, Tennessee.
This 4-day/3-night getaway explores the home of country music, which serves as the backdrop for the critically acclaimed show NASHVILLE on ABC. The Gaylord Opryland Resort will be your home for the weekend.
From a backstage tour at the Grand Ole Opry and a visit to the famed Bluebird Cafe to a stop at The Hermitage, home of President Andrew Jackson and a chance to record a song in the historic RCA Studio B, you can enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience that includes the best of Nashville.
Plus, with two Disney-trained Adventure Guides Adventures by Disney taking care of the details, you will focus on having fun together as a family.
Here is the trip at a glance:
Arrive: BNA (Nashville)
Depart: BNA (Nashville)
Gaylord Opryland Resort
Spring; Summer; Fall; Adult Exclusive
2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
Minimum Age: 4
Recommended Age: 6+
•Concert and Backstage at the Grand Ole Opry
Visit “The Show That Made Country Music Famous” with a private guided experience backstage at the Grand Ole Opry. The world’s longest running live radio program opens its doors for a look into country music’s star-studded past with a private dinner in its famed soundstage, Studio A, and premier seating for the show.
•Performance at the Bluebird Café
Experience one of the Music City’s most famous musical hangouts at The Bluebird Café. A small and intimate music club, The Bluebird Café is internationally renowned for its musical performances. During your private “before-hours” visit, you’ll meet professional songwriters, learn about the art of songwriting and enjoy a private performance.
•RCA Studio B
Tour the hallowed halls of the “home of a thousand hits!” RCA Studio B has seen the recording of over 35,000 songs and hits from some of music’s biggest legends. You’ll even add to that legacy with a recording of your very own!
•After-hours Visit at The Hermitage
Behold this beautiful National Historic Site that was once the home of President Andrew Jackson. Tour the incredible former plantation and see its wondrous gardens and gorgeous antebellum architecture. During your private, after-hours visit you’ll get a guided ghost tour of the grounds, make authentic Southern biscuits, learn square dancing from Jackson’s era and have a delectable welcome dinner.
If you are ready to hit the road and visit one of the best cities in America, contact me today for a FREE quote. Jenngreene@destinationstoexplore.com or 443-424-0181
Who the heck can keep up with the discounts that come through your in-box everyday from some of your favorite vacation destinations? I know I can’t, and I see them everyday! Here is the most current list of all the discounts around Central FL for Fall/Winter 2014!
Walt Disney World® Resort
● Save up to 30% off Disney Resort Hotels: Do you want to bring the kids to Disney World for a getaway through fall? You still have time to save up to 30% off Disney Resort Hotels through November 25, 2014.
● Active/Retired Military Rates: For US active and retired military, save money on tickets and resort accommodations through October 2015.
● Florida Resident & Annual Passholder Rates: Florida Residents and Annual Passholders can take advantage of great rates on rooms at select Disney Resort Hotels up to 35% off through September 24, 2014.
● RunDisney Group Rates: Are you a runner? Do you want to run a race with Mickey Mouse? Join our VIP runners at Destinations in Florida for some of the favorite races including Tower of Terror, Disney Marathon, and Disney Princess Run. These exclusive rates are only with our agency.
● Save up to 20% off Disneyland® Resorts: For a limited time, you can save up to 20% off your hotel accommodations through September 27, 2014.
● Retired Military Rates: For US active and retired military, save money on tickets and resort accommodations through October 2015.
● Book a Package for as Little as $89 Per Person/Per Day: Stay right down the road from the Disney Magic at a Good Neighbor Hotel from now through November 21 for as little as $89 per person/per day.
● 3rd, 4th or 5th Night Free at Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotels: Visit Anaheim during select nights through December 2014. Stay at a select Disney Good Neighbor Hotels and enjoy a 3rd night, 4th night or 5th night free. Contact your favorite Destinations in Florida/Destinations to Explore agent for details.
Disney Cruise Line®
● New! Canadian Residents Save up to 20% Off: From November 2014-January 2015, Canadian Residents can save up to 20% off Disney Cruise prices on select cruises.
● Special Rates for Florida Residents and US Military: Take advantage of special deals for Florida Residents and active/retired United States Military.
Universal Orlando Resort Discounts
● Florida Resident Halloween Horror Nights Package: Are you ready to scream? You can now book a HHN Package at special savings, just for Florida Residents.
● Halloween Horror Nights Packages: For non-Florida Residents, you can still save money with a special HHN Package from $459 per adult at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort most Sun-Thurs September 19-November 1, 2014.
● Halloween Horror Nights Tickets: Pre-order your HHN tickets to save money and lock in your favorite date. These are now available as stand alone tickets or they can be added to any Universal Orlando package.
● Cabana Bay Beach Resort Florida Resident Deal: Florida Residents can experience this new hotel from just $79 per night plus tax.
● Universal 1-Day or 2-Day Pass with Shuttle Transportation for 2014: Take a day away from the Disney World Parks to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Book a 1-Day or 2-Day Pass to Universal Studios with shuttle transportation included in the ticket.
● “Take 2” Transfer: If you do not want to rent a car during your Orlando vacation, take advantage of the new “Take 2” Transfer ticket for only $39 per person. This transfer includes transportation from a Disney Resort hotel to Universal Orlando Resort for a Universal Studios vacation. After your Universal vacation, the transportation takes you back to the Orlando International Airport.
Sea World Discounts
● Eat for Free During Your Vacation: Book a Sea World Package at one of the partner hotels and get the All Day Dining Deal for FREE!
● Kids Free at Sea World: Book your Sea World Package and kids play for free. You will receive one free child ticket (ages 3-9) for every paid adult.
Other Orlando Discounts
● Air Tour Over Orlando: The air tour over Orlando’s theme parks is a great way to get amazing aerial views of Orlando’s most famous attractions. Piloted by an FAA-certified pilot, the flight offers you perfect views of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Epcot, the Wide World of Sports Complex and more from 1,100 feet. This tour starts from $64!
● See Oldest City in the United States with a St. Augustine Day Trip: Enjoy a day in America’s oldest town, Saint Augustine. On this day trip from Orlando, head east to the picturesque Atlantic-coast town, where you can wander the cobbled streets and enjoy a meal in one of the many promenade cafes. St Augustine is a unique city filled with colonial Spanish neighborhoods, magnificent buildings and a wonderful, old-time charm. Prices from $64!
And don’t forget to contact your favorite travel agent (ahem) when you are ready for a FREE no obligation quote. I can be reached at 443-424-0181 or just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
A few weeks ago we were lucky enough to visit Busch Gardens Williamsburg, one of the great perks of my job is that when a training is complete we get Complimentary tickets to visit the destination. Did you know Sea World Parks and Resorts now operates Busch Gardens Williamsburg? They have made a few great improvements to this classic park.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg is an homage to the Old Countries of Europe, it showcases Italy, Germany, Scotland, England and France. The theming is great in each country with attractions, shows and food that really showcases that country. This used to be a park that was very adult oriented, owned by a beer company it was coasters and beers all day. Now it hosts 2 lands that are great for kids including a Sesame Street themed area as well as the Land of Dragons. Our kids loved the Sesame Street area, they must have rode the coaster 40 times!
Much like other parks these days Busch Gardens is offering a “cashless” way to pay in the parks, its a wristband that they automatically load $50 on for you and it can be scanned as you go to enjoy food, drinks and souvenirs. I thought this was pretty easy, however they may want to make this a little more secure as there is no way to know that is really you charging it. So not sure what would happen if you lost the wristband.
Busch Gardens is home to classic coasters like The Loch Ness Monster and Alpengeist. However it has added a few new coasters in recent years such as Griffon and Verbolten. Both of these are great coasters for enthusiasts. Griffon is a bit of a cliff hanger and Verbolten is an unexpected high speed launch coaster. Don’t miss out on either ride if you love coasters.
The entertainment at this park is great! It offers a Live Irish Dance show, an Octoberfest party with live polka band, London Rocks stage show and much more. All summer long they end the night with a fireworks display that salutes America!
If you are looking for a great day full of family thrills then be sure to put Busch Gardens Williamsburg on your must do list for family travel! I highly suggest going to Christmas Town if you like winter theme parks it really is fantastic.
If you have already been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg what is your favorite attraction?